Suspension of visas for Turkey to citizens of the United States on October 8, 2017
The government of Turkey announced the immediate suspension of visa services to US citizens, which came into force on October 8, 2017. According to a government announcement, this includes the issuance of physical visas for labels at border crossings and the electronic Turkish electronic visa (e-visa). US citizens are planning a trip to Turkey, and those who have questions about this regulation should contact the nearest embassy or consulate of Turkey or the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The US Embassy in Ankara, the Consulate General in Istanbul, the Consulate in Adana and the consular agency in Izmir remain open and continue to provide services to US citizens in Turkey.
For more detailed information about Turkey and travel:
· See the State Department web sitehttp://travel.state.gov/#_blank> for world attention <http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/worldwide-caution.html#_blank> Travel Alerts, Travel Alerts and Country Specific Information in Turkeyhttp://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/country/turkey.html#_blank>.
· Enrollment in the Smart Traveler registration programhttps://step.state.gov/step/#_blank> (STEP <https://step.state.gov/step/#_blank> to receive security messages and make it easy to find you in an emergency.
· Contact the US Embassy in Ankarahttps://tr.usembassy.gov/> is located at Bulevard Ataturk 110, Kavaklidere, 06100 Ankara, at + 90-312-455-5555, from 8:30 to 5:30 hours. From Monday to Friday. The number of emergency cases for US citizens is + 90-312-455-5555 or + 90-212-335-9000 (U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul).
· Contact the US Consulate General in Istanbulhttps://tr.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/istanbul/> is located at Poligon Mahallesi, Sarıyer Caddesi, no. 75, 34460, Istinye, Sariyer, at + 90-212-335-9000.
· Contact the US Consulate in Adanahttps://tr.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/adana/> is located at 212 Girne Bulvari, Guzelevler Mahallesi, Yuregir, Adana at + 90-322-455-4100.
· Contact the consular agency in Izmir Izmir@state.gov<mailto: Izmir@state.gov>.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 for free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 AM to 8:00 AM. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except federal holidays in the United States).
Originally appeared on: tr.usembassy.gov